Tuesday, April 28, 2009

new loves

Gardening and baking savory bread products have been foremost in my mind. I want it to stop raining long enough for me to prepare the grounds before we transplant our little sprouts (so many tomatoes!) The peppers are finally starting to come up too but in the same grow slots. I've had to practice some plant-icide which fills me with deep guilt.

Also I probably made one of the best loaves of bread I've made in years but of course I kinda winged it so reproducibility is unlikely. But my sourdough starter smells promising and I plan to bake a little loaf tomorrow to test.

Knitting some easy garter stitch mitts for the exchange. They're alright but I'm plotting something more complicated in the near future for another, more important gentleman in my life.

Lastly, this is fantastic (Patrick Watson's new album is actually even better than this old, rather dirge-y single but I love the aesthetic of this video). There's a new Phoenix album too. Am I the only one totally psyched about them or have they been over since appearing in Lost in Translation? I haven't yet listened to Vanderslice's latest but the title track isn't super impressive.

(But really I've been watching this and this a lot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment