Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dress found in Hong Kong!

Much better with the uber-cute bunny photo, lB! I like the open finger gloves you plan to make.

I'm amazed how attached I am to this Dress. I called 3 times yesterday to the San Francisco H&M. Finally by the evening, I made a fob move and asked my brother to search for the Dress in Hong Kong. (He's getting a Masters there in computer science.)

Success on the first try at the Mong Kok H&M! No sales tax either! This further supports how Hong Kong truly is a shopping paradise.



This H&M is inside Landham Place Shopping Mall (朗豪坊) as shown below from the top of the mall. You can see the xpresscalators - long stretch of escalators, which are second in length behind those serving the Lam Kwai Fong (蘭桂坊) Soho bar district. To visit stores, you either spiral your way upward moving counterclockwise or downward moving clockwise. It's an amazingly experience even if you dislike shopping. Below the first floor you can walk across a rainbow colored fleet of stairs that feel as though you're transported into a Nintendo game. They change color, though not dynamically to your step. At the very bottom, you of course can catch the MTR subway.


(From: oldboy_evergreen's Flickr: Hong Kong set)

One last photo of Hong Kong's famous nightscape. I took it from the Intercontinental Hotel at Tsum Sa Tsui (尖沙咀) during the Chinese New Year fireworks show the day before I left in late January.



Hands down the most spectular pyrotechnics I've seen - the fireworks were framed with festive buildings in the back, which flashed lasers on occasion, and music could be heard all along the water front. I have yet to attend the Montreal Fireworks Festival and see the world's best fireworks though.

Anyhow, I got a nice end to a crappy week. Yay! My brother rocks! HK rocks! Back to being a happy kitty: =^-^=

No comments:

Post a Comment