I drew neuroscience-themed cartoons based on this question:
If neuroscientists used their methodologies and applied them to the dating scene, i.e., figuring out what hairdo the ladies prefer, what might that look like?
This is what I imagine it to look like:
~ Cellular neuroscientist ~
~ Theoretical neuroscientist* ~
And now back to real neuroscience!
Explanation for the non-neuroscientists:
- Pretend ladies/girls are neurons
- The cellular neuroscientist studies girls' hair preferences based on direct manipulation of one girl
- The neurophysiologist studies girls' hair preferences based on a collective rating from many girls (and neighboring noise, like boys who happen to rate the pictures too)
- The neuroimager studies girls' hair preferences indirectly by seeing how frequently girls are friends with guys of certain hairdos
- Lastly, the theoretical neuroscientist approximates girls' behavior from a model system which may or may not care for hairdos like girls